We have two important announcements to make:
- Availability of the Remote Desktop Services Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Availability of the Remote Desktop Services BPA Update for Windows Server 2008 R2
1. RDS Management Pack
The Remote Desktop Services Management Pack enables proactive health monitoring of the following role services:
- Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host)
- Remote Desktop Licensing (RD Licensing)
- Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access)
- Remote Desktop Gateway (RD Gateway)
- Remote Desktop Connection Broker (RD Connection Broker)
- Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RD Virtualization Host)
This management pack can be downloaded from the following locations:
Some of the key features of the pack include:
b. Detailed troubleshooting knowledge content
c. Dashboard view of session statistics and performance
You can also customize the management pack to add your own health monitoring scenarios or override the behavior of the built-in health monitoring scenarios. Refer to the management pack guide for additional information.
2. Best Practices Analyzer update for Remote Desktop Services
The Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) is a server management tool that is available in Windows Server 2008 R2. BPA can help you reduce best practice violations by scanning one or more roles that are installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 and reporting best practice violations.
We have released a Windows update that adds new best practices to the list of best practices that are available with Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM. The update is available through Windows Update and can be downloaded from the Download Center.
In addition, you can access online articles about these best practices at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd391873(WS.10).aspx.
Thanks, and we hope you find this useful.