If you couldn’t attend TechEd North America 2013 in person, we wanted to highlight some key sessions brought to you by the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) team and others:
- The session What’s New in Windows Server 2012 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Remote Desktop Services, presented by Adam Carter, includes Windows Server 2012 R2-specific information as well.
- One key addition that will help reduce storage costs for Microsoft VDI deployments is the addition of deduplication for VDI workloads. Gene and Giridhar covered this in Reduce Storage Costs with Data Deduplication. This includes a client virtual machine example at around minute 18.
- We get a lot of questions about how to design and build VDI solutions; Ara Bernardi presented Designing a VDI Architecture for Scale and Performance on Windows Server 2012.
- A good session for how to Optimize Windows 8 for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure was presented by Jeff Stokes and Doug Klokow.
- Senthil Baladhandayutham and John Russell presented Windows Server 2012 Desktop Virtualization (VDI) on Dell Active Infrastructure, which includes RemoteFX vGPU-enabled virtual machines. Demo is included towards the end (recommend downloading to get a full fidelity playback).
- TechEd wouldn’t be complete without VDI Smackdown 2013 Edition by Ruben Spruijt. This includes 10 points to implementing VDI correctly.
We’re excited by the RDS innovations we are bringing out in Windows Server 2012 R2. Stay tuned as we summarize and deep dive into what we have been working on. Thanks!