Within the month of September 2015, we released the following new features and capabilities for Azure RemoteApp:
- Infopath added to the Microsoft Office 365 template and gallery image.
- Windows client. was updated, includes end user feedback dialog (shown randomly to a subset of users) in order for user to provide connection specific feedback/response.
- iOS client was updated to version 8.1.13 which included fixes to improve error messaging for Azure RemoteApp, and an issue where ARA users credentials were expiring earlier than expected.
- Office 2016 is not supported in Azure RemoteApp yet, we are completing final testing and will have new images published when ready.
- Quick links for previous monthly updates for March, April, May, June, July, and August for Azure RemoteApp.
The following documentation was released and updated
- Roadmap was updated to include a Windows client MSI software package that will allow deployment via solutions such as GPO and Configuration Manager.
- There is only one difference between Cloud and Hybrid collections, read What kind of collection do you need for Azure RemoteApp? to learn what it is. (hint, Hybrid requires domain join J)
- Both Cloud and Hybrid collections can be deployed into existing VNET’s, read How to plan your virtual network for Azure RemoteApp and Validate the Azure VNET to use with Azure RemoteApp to ensure that your VNET is properly configured.
- If your Azure RemoteApp deployment is delivered by a hosting partner, they might be able to use your Office 365 SPLA, read more in How to use your Office 365 subscription with Azure RemoteApp
- UPN mismatch is the single biggest deployment issue for Hybrid deployments, read more how to ensure you don’t encounter this issue in Azure AD + Active Directory requirements for Azure RemoteApp
- Want to be a Azure RemoteApp MVP, learn How to become a Remote Desktop MVP
- Learn How to deploy QuickBooks in Azure RemoteApp
- Microsoft Ignite Roadshow is a 12 city worldwide tour that starts in November and we’ll be there speaking on Azure RemoteApp, since the May 2015 Chicago Ignite event was such an overall success Microsoft decided to take it on the road as a roadshow in 12 cities, the locations are: Dallas, New York, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Dubai, Bangalore, London, Copenhagen, and Hong Kong. Check here for dates and further information.
- Members of the Product Group will be in Toronto October 26-27th, New York October 28-30th, Houston November 2-5th 2015 attending customer events.
- We’ll be presenting two sessions at Ignite Australia the week of November 17th, the sessions are, “Fundamentals of Azure RemoteApp management and administration” and “Advanced Azure RemoteApp deployment and configuration”
- Meet the Product Group, if you or your organization would like an in-person meeting with us at any of the locations mentioned above let us know so we can coordinate logistics. Email us at email@example.com with “Customer meeting request: <name of organization>” in the email title along reasons for the visit and discussion topics.
- Find full documentation and technical guidance here
- Start a discussion about Azure RemoteApp on the Azure discussion forums
- Submit feedback on Azure RemoteApp in feedback forums
Thank you from the entire Remote Desktop (Azure RemoteApp) team!