Within the month of February 2016, we released the following new features and capabilities for Azure RemoteApp:
- Gallery images were updated with Windows Administrative tools natively installed.
- Windows client updated to address focus issues and general service delivery improvements.
- HTML5 web client (preview) has been enabled for everyone and now supports both non-domain joined cloud and domain joined hybrid deployments, go here to login.
- Want to try Azure RemoteApp in the new Azure portal, submit your nomination request to sign up for the preview.
- Publishing apps to specific users is one of the top feedback items, we are soliciting volunteers to participate in our private preview, submit your nomination request.
- Quick links for previous monthly updates for March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December and January for Azure RemoteApp.
The following documentation was released and updated:
- Go here for our roadmap, we are working diligently to soon release a preview of the Windows 10 universal application that will support Azure RemoteApp with Continuum, the preview will only be available to those in the Windows Insider group.
- We’ve added a screenshots with step by step instructions for enabling webcams and other multifunction devices for USB redirection in our How do you redirect USB devices in Azure RemoteApp?
- Learn how to Troubleshoot Azure RemoteApp – Application launch and connection failures
- Step by step instructions for configuring PowerShell for the first time were added for people who are not PowerShell experts to Use Windows PowerShell cmdlets with Azure RemoteApp.
- Microsoft Ignite Roadshow is a 12 city worldwide tour that started in November and we’ll be there speaking on Azure RemoteApp, since the May 2015 Chicago Ignite event was such an overall success Microsoft decided to take it on the road as a roadshow in 12 cities, remaining locations are: Copenhagen, Hong Kong, and also recently a few more cities were added to include Sydney, Seoul, The Hague, Milan. Check here for dates and further information.
- Meet the Product Group, if you or your organization would like an in-person meeting with us at any of the locations mentioned above let us know so we can coordinate logistics. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Customer meeting request:” in the email title along meeting discussion topics.
- Find full documentation and technical guidance here
- Start a discussion about Azure RemoteApp on the Azure discussion forums
- Submit feedback on Azure RemoteApp in feedback forums
Thank you from the entire Remote Desktop (Azure RemoteApp) team!